Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nevermind the Weasels.

So, I'm really not going to write a sad, frustrated, mopey blog. Really, I'm not. The latter part of January actually feels bizarrely hopeful to me. I'm languishing in subjunctivity, but this feels like it has a distinct shelflife. My writerly juices are percolating. I think I can sense them even in my dreams, which have been uncommonly bizarre recently. In one, I was about to go down on Tina from the L-Word when I thought better of it. She'd recently hooked up with this guy who SEEMED really nice, but whom I felt certain the later episodes would prove a total sleazebag. Then, last night, a whole portion of the world was suddenly shrunk down into dusty, miniscule proportions and I was forced to sift through little draws of dust to try to find my books (which were about the size of unpopped corn kernels) and laptop. Sadly, or perhaps ominously, I never did find my damned computer. The whole affair was apparently orchestrated and the villains, with whom I was strangely and suddenly in league, had a special microscope sort of thing that you could put the shrunken objects under to restore them to the regular size. The point in all of this being that an active dream life just must be a good sign, right? Usually in my dreams, I'm swimming with gargantuan sealife--sharks, whales, crocodiles, dinosaurs, that kind of thing--or fishing mermaids out of huge vats of jelly. It's all very chthonic, really. You'd think C would be suspicious of all the womb imagery. We're never having kids. Really, we're not. Unless it ACCIDENTALLY happens. But then the rest of the world is totally fucked, anyway, and we're taking over.

4 comments:

B said...

Wait--your posted this and said you're not having kids and then I walked in and told you about Invasion of the Body Snatchers only it's breeders instead of pod people! Weeeeeird....

BTW, the really fucked up dreams start, oh, near the end of finishing the diss, with a nice little black flourish, an uholy coda, the days before and after the defense. It's not bad, though. Just trippy. It actually helped me, believe it or not, because at ;least I knew I had slept.

lorna said...

hmm i cannot remember any of my dreams. i wish i was saving mermaids from vats of jelly. but then again, i spend most of my waking hours daydreaming so it makes sense that i miss out on my actual dreams. i would like to think my dreams are like david lynch movies but i suspect it is mostly me running around doing lame stuff like grocery shopping. ::deep sigh::

queercat said...

h, yes, yes! I love the joke about how our spawn would be born in the hundreds, like insects. Of course, they'd be born fully formed with no need to be cared for, and each would have its own little pair of combat boots and a perfectly pointed fauxhawk.

What have I been doing in my dreams lately? Hanging drywall.

Bourbon Enthusiast Monthly said...

I have had almost nothing but work dreams lately. At least now, work dreams don't consist of horrible, emaciated goblin demons. My new work dreams are the most boring shit, ever. Like, my boss asked me to put a wireless mic on a player for practice, but none of the players wanted to do it, so Atlanta superstart Marian Hossa volunteered. And this was two weeks ago, long before I even went to Atlanta.

What-the-fuck-ever happened to the dreams where I would make out with girls that I liked? When did they get replaced with dreams of Slovak hockey players making my job easier?