Thursday, February 1, 2007

Intervention?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">" border="0" alt="" />
Seriously, I might need one. The terrors of writing are sending me fleeing as fast as my fingers can take me to the internet, and I've been dwelling a bit too obsessively on the message boards at vegweb. This is bad. A couple of nights ago, I was so worked up about the stupid shit some people said that I couldn't sleep for endlessly formulating the most appropriate and productive response. Of course, it is more than likely that my anxiety about the vegweb boards is really just spillover from my comp class where people say and write the most offensive shit imaginable, but I have pretty strict limits on to the extent to which I can call them out on it. Not that there aren't bright moments of glee. One of my better students described something in our reading as a "viscous circle." I think I'll be adding that one to my arsenal of "putting people up on peddle stools," and "lowering their self of steam," though it still doesn't touch my all time favorite about men being "escape goats." ahhhh... the joys of higher education. Where would we be without it, seriously? I'm pretty sure I'd be slinging candles and wicker at my own Pier One store, maybe in Washington or Colorado, and drinking myself into oblivion every night. Oh wait, ahem. (just kidding!)

Afterall, it really is SO much easier to rail on the vegwebbers than it is to figure out what the hell Bhabha is talking about and what it might have to do with the Gothic.

3 comments:

asenath said...

dreamban said:

I am a spambot! How do you do? It's nice to meet you. Click my link for untold pleasures, or your suffering will be legendary, even in hell. Thank you. bip be boop.

B said...

Welcome to your first spambot! I remember the first time I was pre-hooked up with and dumped by a spamfembot on myspace. Sigh.

queercat said...

MY first spambot was selling Mozilla Firefox updates! What was YOURS selling?