Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chapter 2ish

Clearly, rock isn't dead. And for that matter, neither is punk, metal, industrial, gothic, etc. Those of you who would make such a proclamation must do so repeatedly and quietly, lest the rising hysteria of your assertions attract too much of the wrong kind of attention and throw suspicion on your project. I feel your fear. It's much too quiet out there in the world of adulthood. We miss the louder, more raucous days of our youths with all the eyeliner and the fuck-the-system sentiment. I know, I miss it too. Where the hell do all these 18 year olds get off talking about punk anyway? Since when is Hot Topic an authentic subcultural shopping mecca? This is a frightening world, my friends. These are frightening times. But I digress. . . What I mean to say is, rock is alive and well. For evidence of this fact, I need only urge you to navigate to the following URL. You will at once be overcome and astounded, and, I hope, in time, filled with hope: http://www.metalmontana.com/index.php . Let this put an end, once and for all, to the epitaphs for real music. Now I must go make cookies. Respectfully submitted, asenath.

10 comments:

B said...

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B said...

Especially today when, after surveying my room full of students dressed as their favorite decade, I saw ONE leather jacket and said, "Oh, cool, the 50s: birth of rock n roll." The student replied, "No, I'm being early-era Madonna."

Bourbon Enthusiast Monthly said...

I already bought eight tickets to Montana Metalfest II. Who's going with me?

Also, did you go through those pictures? Dudes actually look like they play music I would like to hear (except for the douchenozzle with the backwards hat, the Korn-style bass and the cargo shorts; he looks like a can of smashed assholes).

queercat said...

The absolute best part of this website is the actual band names. You MUST check them out if you haven't already. My two favorites are "Universal Choke Sign"--evidence that we may in fact be losing our progressive as well as past participles--and "Lazerwolf." There are so many things wrong with "Lazerwolf" that I don't even want to start. It stands alone in its awful beauty, like the terrifying scale and emptiness of the godless universe.

Metal Montana said...

I was looking through the referring links for my site and stumbled upon this blog. Cheers for the good words said by all!

You can find out more info (as it becomes available) about Montana Metalfest II at www.MontanaMetalfest.com

Thanks again.

queercat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
queercat said...

Yeah, I made a nasty comment, and The Blogger deleted it. Fuckin' censor. Just thought I'd let you all know so you can picture what scathing thing I said. And I think you can.

B said...

Wait--I don't get it. I thought the MM comment was deleted for not getting irony. Yours was? By M? WTF? EXPLAIN! NOW!

Metal Montana said...

queercat, if the nasty comment was directed at me, feel free to email it to me.

metalmontana@gmail.com

queercat said...

No, no, I withdraw. Humbly and respectfully, I withdraw.