Monday, May 7, 2007

One of the Many Signs of the Apocalypse

Or at least this should be. I felt sort of, vaguely, validated when I saw this site for the first time. Validated not so much in the general sense as in my feeling of horror when Red Lobster aired a commercial featuring a tracking shot of lobsters scampering rapidly across the ocean floor to the soundtrack "Nowhere to run to, baby....nowhere to hide." This from a former seafood lover. Anyway, for your perusal and comment, my friends, I offer this. If you dare.

5 comments:

B said...

http://thetravisty.com/
Saturday_Night_Live/
mov/
Cluckin_Chicken.htm

geoffreycrayon said...

The romance languages distinguish between the animal and the dish (gallo/pollo, etc.). The linguistic barrier unfortunately crumbles somewhat in English (cattle/beef, pig/pork, but chicken/chicken).

Throwing one's self willfully over that boundary, as Suicide Animals so brilliantly documents, is distressing in the extreme. And yet, that which is distressing or distasteful for me, I find, often does extremely well in the marketplace. Sigh.

B said...

Don't forget Angela Carter's distinction between meat and flesh in the Sadean Woman.

queercat said...

I'm at home and you're at work. Grrrr. Come home: I miss you!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.